Thursday, October 03, 2013
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 3, 2013) – Less than one week removed from a record-setting scoring performance in its conference opener, the ETSU women’s soccer team will look to continue its winning ways as it hosts Mercer Friday, Oct. 4 at 7:00 p.m. inside Summers-Taylor Stadium.
LAST TIME OUT
- For the second time this season, the ETSU offense lit up the scoreboard with seven goals as ETSU picked up a commanding 7-1 win in the team’s conference-opening match versus USC Upstate Saturday, Sept. 28.
- The Buccaneers’ (5-4-1) seven-goal effort marked the highest scoring performance in an Atlantic Sun contest in program history.
- Sophomore midfielder Sarah Zadrazil (St. Gilgen, Austria) posted an impressive stat line of one goal and four assists, while freshman forward Molly Collinson (Cramlington, England) scored a pair of goals in her regular season collegiate debut.
GETTING UP TO SPEED
- Zadrazil leads the nation in assists per game with 1.25.
- As a team, ETSU ranks 24th in the country, averaging 2.50 goals per game.
- The Bucs lead the Atlantic Sun in goals against average (1.076), save percentage (0.833), and scoring offense (2.50).
- In its past six contests, ETSU has been beaten just once.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Mercer, winners of four of its last six matches, will enter Friday’s contest looking to get back on track following a 2-1 loss to Lipscomb Sunday, Sept. 29.
- Like ETSU, the Bears (6-5-1) feature a high scoring offense, averaging 2.42 goals per game, good for 28th in the nation and second in the A-Sun behind the Bucs.
- Mercer’s assists per game average of 2.42 ranks them among the nation’s Top 20 in the category.
- The Bears possess a balanced scoring offense, featuring five players with at least eight or more points on the season.
- Learn more about Mercer by viewing its cumulative stats.
- Live stats for the game can be accessed here.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Women’s Soccer by following the Bucs’ Twitter handle, @ETSUWSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!