Thursday, September 12, 2013
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 12, 2013) – Winners of two of its last three matches, the ETSU women’s soccer team will take on Alabama A&M Friday, Sept. 13 at 2 p.m. before squaring off against Western Carolina Sunday, Sept. 15 at 2 p.m during a weekend road trip.
LAST TIME OUT
- ETSU remained unbeaten at home this season with a 2-0 win over Winthrop Friday, Sept. 6.
- Juniors Emilee Engelhaupt (Charlotte, N.C.) and Kristi Davis (Edmond, Okla.) were the goal-scorers for the Bucs, with Engelhaupt recording her second goal of the season and Davis scoring her first.
- In her first collegiate start, freshman goalkeeper Anna Yancey (Rosemark, Tenn.) recorded her first career shutout.
- The Buccaneers (2-3-0) outshot Winthrop 21-17, including 13 second-half shots.
SCOUTING ALABAMA A&M – (Huntsville, Ala.)
- The Lady Bulldogs (0-6-0) rank fifth in the nation in saves, averaging 10 per game.
- Goalkeeper Marissa Oehler leads the country in saves, accumulating 58 during the first six games.
- However, Alabama A&M currently ranks 321st in the nation in goals-against average (8.667).
- Learn more about Alabama A&M by checking out the team’s cumulative stats.
SCOUTING WESTERN CAROLINA – (Cullowhee, N.C.)
- After winning their first three matches, the Wildcats (3-2-0) have lost two straight. The team will play Western Kentucky Friday night at 7 p.m.
- Western Carolina is paced by Markie Studnicky and Sara Robinson, who have each scored a pair of goals on the year.
- Kelly Pannell leads the team with five points (one goal and three assists).
- The Wildcats have used a platoon in goal this season, with Jenny Lauer starting all five games, but playing just 225 minutes, 20 minutes less than Carly Tinstman.
- Learn more about Western Carolina by viewing the team’s quick facts and cumulative stats.
- Live stats for Friday’s match versus Alabama A&M can be accessed by clicking here.
- Live stats for Sunday’s match versus Western Carolina can be accessed by clicking here.
- Sunday’s match will be televised through CBSSports.com, however a fee is required to access the feed. Click here for details.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Women’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUWSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!