Bucs host North Florida, Jacksonville in crucial homestand
Thursday, October 17, 2013
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 17, 2013) – Looking to snap a two-game loss streak, the ETSU women’s soccer team will be in action Friday and Sunday, hosting North Florida and Jacksonville, respectively. Only the top six teams will advance to the league tournament, and the Bucs currently sit in seventh place.
GETTING UP TO SPEED
- The Buccaneers (6-7-1, 2-3-0) suffered a pair of conference setbacks last weekend, falling to first-place Florida Gulf Coast and second-place Stetson on the road.
- Despite the subpar results, ETSU remains one of just three Top 40 scoring offenses in the A-Sun. The Bucs’ mark of 2.14 goals per game ranks behind only FGCU and Mercer in the conference.
- For the first time since Aug. 25, sophomore midfielder Sarah Zadrazil (St. Gilgen, Austria) was held without a point in consecutive games.
- After weeks of being the nation’s leader for assists per game average, Zadrazil was supplanted by Furman’s India Robinson. Zadrazil (0.92) trails Robinson (0.93) by a tenth of a percent in the category.
- The Bucs will enter the weekend in seventh place in the Atlantic Sun standings. View the full standings here.
NORTH FLORIDA – Friday, Oct. 18 at 7pm – LIVE STATS – TICKETS
- The Ospreys (4-9-2, 1-4-0) split a pair of home contests last weekend, beating last-place Northern Kentucky, 3-0, before losing to Lipscomb, 1-0.
- UNF features the 194th-ranked scoring offense in the country (1.27) and the 224th-ranked goals against average (1.543).
- Excepting a 10-goal outburst versus Arkansas Pine Bluff, the Ospreys are averaging just 0.64 goals per game.
- UNF is paced by Alexis Bredeau and Thea Linkfield, both of whom have scored four goals on the season.
- ETSU and UNF have split their eight meetings with one another, with each program capturing four wins; however, ETSU has won its past two games against the Ospreys, including a commanding 5-1 win in last season’s regular-season conference finale.
- Learn more about UNF by viewing its quick facts and cumulative stats.
JACKSONVILLE – Sunday, Oct. 20 at 1pm – LIVE STATS – VIDEO – TICKETS
- The Dolphins (9-5-0, 4-1-0) will enter the weekend riding a four-match win streak. Jacksonville has gone unbeaten in league play since dropping its conference opener to FGCU.
- Jacksonville ranks fourth in the A-Sun for scoring offense (2.00), having tallied ten goals in its past four games.
- The Dolphins are paced by junior Kaitlyn Bassett who ranks 15th in the nation for goals scored (11).
- ETSU is 3-7-2 all-time versus Jacksonville, having dropped its last two matches to the Dolphins, including last year’s season-ending, 2-1 setback in the A-Sun tournament.
- Learn more about Jacksonville by viewing its cumulative stats.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Women’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUWSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!