Boone, N.C.-- The East Tennessee State University men's and women's cross country teams travelled to Appalachian State to compete in the Blue Ridge open held Friday night.
The men's team finished fourth overall at the meet. Freshman Brad Yewer led the Buccaneers for the third time out of three meets with a time of 25:29, earning a fourth place finish. Senior Greg Sprowl, an All-Conference honoree last year, was the second Buc to finish with a time of 26:16 and coming in 20th overall.
On the women's side, they also came in fourth and was once again led by junior Rosaline Addo. She has been the first Buc across the finish line in all three meets this season. At the Blue Ridge Open, Addo finished in fourth position with a time of 18:57. The next ETSU runner to finish was transfer Emily Chaney with a 11th place finish and a time of 19:29.
4. Brad Yewer 25:29 4. Rosaline Addo 18:57
20. Greg Sprowl 26:16 11. Emily Chaney 19:29
28. David Haefner 26:47 21: Lauren Campbell 19:59
48. Mike Farkas 29:02 32. Jennifer Habbestad 21:11
50. Lawrence Lockhart 30:44 36. Jennifer Howard 21:51