|Volleyball » News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics|
Volleyball wraps up homestand Tuesday night
Kennesaw State (10-13, 5-8 A-Sun)
ETSU (17-7, 11-1 A-Sun)
10/29/2013 | Johnson City, Tenn. | Attendance: 376
Monday, October 28, 2013
ETSU hosts Kennesaw State at 6 p.m. inside Brooks Gym
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 28, 2013) – Coming off its sweep over USC Upstate, the ETSU volleyball team wraps up its three-match homestand as the Bucs host Kennesaw State Tuesday night inside Brooks Gym. Game time is set for 6 p.m.
The Bucs, who have won 11 straight home matches, have sole possession of first-place in the Atlantic Sun standings at 16-7, 10-1.
LAST TIME OUT
- ETSU collected its fourth home sweep (seventh overall) Friday night as the Blue and Gold defeated USC Upstate in three sets inside Brooks Gym.
- Junior Meredith Hardy (Kingsport, Tenn.) led all players with 14 kills (.458 attack percentage), while also posting five blocks, five digs and three service aces. Following her 5-block effort, Hardy is now only two blocks shy of breaking the A-Sun record. Hardy has 421 blocks in 88 career matches.
- Megan Devine (Kingsport, Tenn.) recorded her fifth straight double-double after finishing with 13 kills and 15 digs, and sophomore Khadijah Wiley (Columbus, Ga.) hit .462 (7-1-13) and totaled a pair of blocks.
- As a team, ETSU held the Spartans without a block, marking the first time since Nov. 18, 2010, the Bucs held the opposition without a block. The Blue and Gold registered seven blocks against USC Upstate.
ABOUT KENNESAW STATE
- The Owls (10-12, 5-7) have won two straight and three of their last four matches after defeating Stetson and Florida Gulf Coast this past weekend.
- The Owls currently lead the A-Sun in five-set matches played with seven and hold a 4-3 record in matches that go the distance so far this season.
- KSU senior setter Sara Metroka had a record-breaking week, becoming the school's all-time sets played leader while earning her 4,000th career assist.
- The Owls are 8-2 at home, but just 2-10 in matches played away from Kennesaw.
- Freshman Kelly Marcinek continues to be one of the top hitters in the A-Sun, sitting at seventh overall with 286 kills, the most of any freshmen in the conference.
- ETSU has won six of the last seven meetings and lead the series, 10-4.
- The Bucs defeated Kennesaw State in four sets last month inside the KSU Convocation Center. Devine tallied one of her 14 double-doubles on the season after finishing with 15 kills and 14 digs, while also adding four blocks and two service aces. Hardy ended with nine kills and 11 blocks, and Ivey Rice (Johnson City, Tenn.) posted 13 kills.
- In four career matches (12 sets) against the Owls, junior setter Jamie Rutledge (Kingsport, Tenn.) is averaging 11.92 assists per set. Devine is averaging 3.88 kills and 3.34 digs per set in eight matches (32 sets) versus Kennesaw State.
- Live stats for Tuesday’s match will be provided through StatBroadcast, by visiting ETSUBucs.com. Live stats can also be accessed on your mobile device and tablet by visiting BucsStats.com.
- Twitter updates can be accessed by following @ETSUVolleyball and @ETSUAthletics.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
- Meredith Hardy enters Tuesday’s match needing just two blocks to break the all-time Atlantic Sun record. Currently, Rachel Templin, who played at Campbell from 2003-06, holds the mark at 422 blocks.
- Hardy is also 143 kills shy of reaching the 1,000-kill club. In 88 career matches, the junior middle blocker has accumulated 857 kills, and Hardy is on pace to reach the prestigious club at the end of this 2013 season.
- Jamie Rutledge is 58 assists shy of moving past Nani Emerson (2005-06) for fifth all-time in assists at ETSU. Rutledge has 2,486 assists in 76 career matches played.
- Megan Devine needs 28 digs to move into the top-five of ETSU leaders in digs. The reigning A-Sun Player of the Year has 1,360 career digs in 123 matches played.
- Devine has finished with double-digit kills in all 22 matches played this season
- In five home matches, the Bucs are averaging 14.50 kills, 13.31 assists, 15.25 digs, and 3.31 blocks per set. In addition, ETSU is out-blocking the opposition by 29, 53-24, in the five home matches. Individually, Hardy is averaging 3.62 kills and hitting .465 at home, while Katie Muey (Alexandria, Ind.) is posting 4.75 digs per set.
- Muey has totaled double-digit digs in 20 of her 23 matches played this season, while Hardy has registered double figure kills in each of her last six outings.
- As a team, ETSU ranks 22nd nationally in blocks (2.72), 38th in assists (12.94), and 50th (13.73) in kills per set. The Bucs also rank 40th with a .255 attack percentage. Individually, Hardy ranks ninth in the country in blocks (1.49) and Rutledge is 31st in assists per set (11.11). Devine also ranks top-20 in kills (14th, 4.53) and points per set (15th, 5.05).
For more information on Buccaneer volleyball, visit ETSUBucs.com.
TEAM INFO CENTER