|News » Archives|
Men’s Golf gears up for Wolfpack Intercollegiate
Sunday, October 06, 2013
RALEIGH, N.C. (Oct. 6, 2013) – For the second straight week, the ETSU men’s golf team will be in action as the Bucs gear up for the Wolfpack Intercollegiate, beginning Monday morning from the Lonnie Poole Golf Course at North Carolina State.
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE BUCS
- The Blue and Gold are coming off a seventh-place showing at last week’s Jack Nicklaus Intercollegiate in Columbus, Ohio. ETSU finished with a team score of 895 (295-304-296) for the tournament, which featured four nationally ranked schools – No. 5 California, No. 6 Oklahoma State, No. 10 Oklahoma and No. 19 Kent State.
- Rhys Pugh (Pontypridd, Wales) led the Bucs as the junior golfer finished ninth at 2-over-par 215 (69-74-72). Following the top-10 finish, - Pugh landed A-Sun Golfer of the Week honors, marking the second time he has received the award.
ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT
- Sixteen schools and a handful of participants will play 54 holes over a two-day span on the par-72, 7,358-yard course layout.
- The first 36 holes will be played on Monday with a shotgun start beginning at 8 a.m., while the final round will be contested on Tuesday with selected tee times at 8 a.m.
- North Carolina won the 2012 Wolfpack Intercollegiate, but the Tar Heels won’t be back to defend their title.
ABOUT THE FIELD
Joining ETSU and NC State in the 16-team field are Arkansas-Little Rock, Boston College, Campbell, Drexel, East Carolina, Idaho, Jacksonville State, Maryland, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, UNC Greensboro, UNC Wilmington, and Western Carolina.
- Joining Pugh in the Buccaneer lineup are sophomores Adrian Meronk (Wroclaw, Poland), Chris Hickman (Centreville, Md.) and Gudmundur Kristjansson (Reykjavik, Iceland) and freshman Mateusz Gradecki (Oborniki Śląskie, Poland).
- Junior Tom Heggarty (Cheshire, England) will play as a participant for the Blue and Gold.
- Live scoring will be available by following along on Golfstat.
- Twitter updates can be accessed by following @ETSUAthletics and using the hashtag #ETSUMGolf.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer men’s golf, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s golf page.