|Men's Golf » News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics|
Men’s Golf wraps up fall season this week in Hawaii
Sunday, November 03, 2013
KAUAI, Hawaii. (Nov. 3, 2013) – The ETSU men’s golf team wraps up its fall season this week as the Bucs gear up for the Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational, which begins Monday from the Makai Golf Club at Princeville.
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE BUCS
- The Bucs, who are currently ranked No. 41 in the Golfweek rankings, last competed in the U.S. Collegiate Championship, where ETSU tied for 11th with then-No. 24 Auburn.
- Junior Rhys Pugh (Pontypridd, Wales) recorded his third straight top-10 showing as the Welshman tied for 10th at 3-under-par 213 (69-71-73).
- Pugh’s finish marked ETSU’s best individual placing at the USCC – which is often referred to as “the Masters of college golf” – since Rhys Enoch tied for ninth in 2009.
ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT
- This marks the second year of the tournament as Baylor returns to defend its team title.
- The tournament begins Monday and ends Wednesday as each school will play 18-holes per day.
- Tee times for the first two rounds (Monday and Tuesday) is set for 12:30 p.m., while Wednesday’s final round begins with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Tee times are listed in Eastern Time.
- ETSU finished fourth in last year’s inaugural tournament at 2-under 286.
- Joining the Bucs and Hawaii are Arizona State, Baylor, Boise State, Cal Poly, Cal State Fullerton, Idaho, Louisville, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Pepperdine, San Diego, San Francisco, UC Santa Barbara, and Utah.
- Three teams are currently ranked in the top-50 of the Golfweek rankings – Baylor (No. 17), Arizona State (No. 30), and ETSU (No. 41).
ABOUT THE COURSE
- The Makai Golf Club at the St. Regis Princeville Resort Course plays 7,223 yards and is a par-72.
- The Makai Golf Club has been ranked one of the top five Great Golf Settings from National Geographic, as well as one of the top 75 Best Golf Resorts according to Golf Digest and the top 100 Golf Resorts from Travel & Leisure.
Joining Pugh are sophomores Adrian Meronk (Wroclaw, Poland), Gudmundur Kristjansson (Reykjavik, Iceland), and Chris Hickman (Centreville, Md.), and freshman Mateusz Gradecki (Oborniki Śląskie, Poland).
- Kristjansson and Meronk both tied for 13th last year at even-par 216.
- The Bucs are scheduled to tee off Monday and Tuesday at 1:15 p.m., and ETSU will be paired with San Diego and Cal Poly. The teams tee off from No. 10 on Monday and No. 1 on Tuesday.
- Live scoring of the tournament can be accessed via GolfStat.com.
- Full recaps and scores will be posted on ETSUBucs.com following each round.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer men’s golf, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s golf page.
Men's Golf Archives
TEAM INFO CENTER
2013-14 Men's Golf