|Baseball » News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics|
Bucs look to improve on A-Sun winning streak this weekend
Lipscomb (12-23, 3-7 A-Sun)
ETSU (19-12, 8-5 A-Sun)
4/12/2013 | Johnson City, Tenn. | Attendance: 527
Lipscomb (12-24, 3-8 A-Sun)
ETSU (20-12, 9-5 A-Sun)
4/13/2013 | Johnson City, Tenn. | Attendance: 692
Lipscomb (12-25, 3-9 A-Sun)
ETSU (21-12, 10-5 A-Sun)
4/14/2013 | Johnson City, Tenn. | Attendance: 532
Thursday, April 11, 2013
ETSU carries three-game conference win streak into Thomas Stadium Friday night
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (April 11, 2013) – Despite suffering a tough one-run setback to Tennessee in front of a record-setting crowd Tuesday night, the ETSU baseball team looks to build on its conference winning streak this weekend as the Bucs host Lipscomb in a three-game Atlantic Sun series starting Friday night at Thomas Stadium.
ETSU (18-12, 7-5 A-Sun) recorded its second series sweep of the season last weekend against conference newcomer Northern Kentucky, and moved into a three-way tie for second-place in the A-Sun standings.
GAME TIMES/PITCHING ROTATION
Friday – 7:05 p.m. – Game No. 31
RHP Kerry Doane (6-1, 2.22) vs. RHP Josh Cotham (1-2, 9.85)
Saturday – 2:05 p.m. – Game No. 32
RHP Logan Rice (3-1, 2.36) vs. RHP Hunter Brothers (3-3, 6.45)
Sunday – 1:05 p.m. – Game No. 33
TBA vs. RHP Will Blalock (0-3, 5.10)
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE BUCS
- The Bucs had their four-game winning streak snapped as Tennessee defeated the Blue and Gold, 4-3, in front of 1,752 fans Tuesday night at Thomas Stadium.
- Junior Dylan Tritsch (Boca Raton, Fla.) and senior Mason Hershey (Altoona, Pa.) both hit solo home runs early in the game, but Tennessee’s A.J. Simcox scored the eventual winning run on a wild pitch in the fifth and the Vols hung on for the win. The Bucs had their chances as senior Alex Reynolds (Johnson City, Tenn.) ripped a one-out triple in the fifth and was left stranded, while ETSU had the tying run at second with only one out in the sixth but only pushed across one run in the frame. The Blue and Gold also had the tying run at the plate in the seventh and eighth innings.
- Tuesday’s one-run setback marked ETSU’s fifth one-run loss of the season, while eight of the Bucs’ 12 losses on the year have been decided by two runs or less.
- Lipscomb – who has won two of its last three – is coming off a 5-3 win over Belmont Tuesday night and enter the weekend, 12-22, 3-6 in A-Sun play.
- Red-shirt sophomore right-hander Hunter Brothers and senior righty Tyler Burstrom have combined for six of Lipscomb’s 12 wins on the season. Brothers has made nine appearances (five starts) for the Bisons and is 3-3 with a 6.45 ERA (27 ER/37.2 IP), while Burstrom is 3-2 with a 3.86 ERA (11 ER/32.2 IP) in 13 appearances out of the bullpen. Burstrom also has one of Lipscomb’s five saves on the campaign.
- In nine conference games, junior outfielder Drew Adams is hitting a team-leading .419 (13-31) with four doubles, two triples, five runs scored and eight RBI. Adams’ .419 batting average in league games ranks sixth overall. Meanwhile, Burstrom and sophomore right-hander Jaesung Hwang have a combined 1.42 ERA (3 ER/19.0 IP) in A-Sun play. Hwang has allowed one earned run and struck out five in 9.2 innings (six appearances), and Burstrom has posted a 1.93 ERA (2 ER/9.1 IP) with a save in three appearances.
- Overall as a team, the Bisons rank fourth in the A-Sun in fielding (.973) and are eighth in both hitting (.257) and pitching (5.14 ERA).
SERIES VS. LIPSCOMB
- Lipscomb leads the all-time series, 16-13.
- Despite being swept in 2012, the Blue and Gold took all three games in the 2011 series, while ETSU has won five of the last nine versus the Bisons.
- This weekend marks the first series played between ETSU and Lipscomb in Thomas Stadium.
- Live stats will be available for all three games this weekend via StatBroadcast by visiting ETSUBucs.com. Fans can access live stats on their computers, mobile devices or tablets.
- Live video streaming will be provided for free on ASun.TV.
- All three games will also be aired live on WXSM-AM 640. Fans outside the Tri-Cities region can access WXSM online at http://www.640wxsm.com/ or you can listen to the games via your mobile device(s) by downloading the iHeart Radio application.
- Live updates will also be posted on Twitter by following @ETSUAthletics and @ETSU_Baseball.
- Single game tickets to ETSU baseball games are $10 for reserved seats behind home plate and $5 for reserved seats along the baselines. Tickets can be purchased at the stadium, online at ETSUBucs.com, or by calling (423) 439-3878.
- Come out to Thomas Stadium early and tailgate prior to ETSU baseball games this season. A designated tailgating area will be roped off in the parking lot where fans can enjoy a festive environment before the Bucs take the field.
- Click here for tailgating guidelines.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer baseball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the baseball link.
TEAM INFO CENTER