|Win: DOANE (1-0)||9.0||9||3||3||0||5|
|Loss: PROSINSKI (0-2)||5.0||6||7||7||1||4|
|Win: FREEMAN (1-0)||1.0||0||0||0||0||1|
|Loss: GENOVESE (0-1)||1.0||1||1||1||0||2|
|Win: FREEMAN (2-0)||2.0||2||0||0||0||2|
|Loss: TERHUNE (0-1)||2.2||2||1||1||3||2|
Thursday, February 21, 2013
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb. 21, 2013) – The ETSU baseball team wraps up its seven-game homestand this weekend as the Bucs host BIG EAST foe Seton Hall in a three-game series, beginning Friday afternoon at 3:05 from Thomas Stadium.
The series continues Saturday and Sunday with game times set for 1:05 p.m., each day.
LAST TIME OUT
The Bucs saved their best for last as ETSU scored five unanswered runs to rally past Wofford, 12-10, on Tuesday afternoon at Thomas Stadium. The Blue and Gold pounded out a season-high 15 hits and received a clutch two-out RBI triple by Andrew Green (Powell, Tenn.) to give ETSU the lead in the eighth, while juniors Will Chesney (Knoxville, Tenn.) and Clinton Freeman (Jonesborough, Tenn.) combined for 3.2 scoreless innings pitched out of the bullpen. Chesney earned the win after holding the Terriers to four hits in 2.2 innings, while Freeman picked up his second straight save. Green was one of three Bucs to record a multi-hit game as he, Mason Hershey (Altoona, Pa.) and Dylan Tritsch (Boca Raton, Fla.) all provided ETSU with 3-hit efforts.
ABOUT SETON HALL
- Seton Hall took on No. 1 North Carolina last weekend in Chapel Hill. The Pirates went toe-to-toe with the Tar Heels in the opener as Jon Prosinski allowed one run on three hits in seven innings of work, but he was outdone as North Carolina’s Kent Emanuel tossed a shutout. After having Saturday’s game cancelled, the Tar Heels defeated the Pirates, 17-2, on Sunday.
- The Pirates – who made the 2011 NCAA Regional – were picked to finish sixth in the BIG EAST in 2013, while Prosinksi was tabbed BIG EAST Pitcher of the Year. The senior right-hander went 9-3 with a 3.52 ERA (37 ER/94.2 IP) and tossed two shutouts in 2012. Prosinksi also struck out 73 batters and allowed 19 walks, along with not allowing a home run. In total, Prosinksi hasn’t allowed a home run since 2010, a span of over 189.0 IP.
- At the plate, the Pirates return seven of their top eight hitters from 2012, including senior infielder Giuseppe Papaccio – who led the team in hits (64), doubles (14), and RBIs (36) last season.
- Last season, Seton Hall went 34-24, 17-10 in the BIG EAST and tied for third with South Florida. The Pirates return 24 letterwinners from last season’s club.
- Friday – RHP Kerry Doane (0-0, 1.50 ERA) vs. RHP Jon Prosinski (0-1, 1.29 ERA)
- Saturday – RHP Griffin Krieg (1-0, 3.60 ERA) vs. LHP Anthony Elia (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
- Sunday – RHP Jimmy Nesselt (1-0, 3.86 ERA) vs. TBA
- The Bucs and Pirates have played three previous times, with Seton Hall taking all three games back in 1985.
- Live stats will be available for all three games via StatBroadcast by visiting ETSUBucs.com. Fans can access live stats on their computers, mobile devices or tablets.
- Live updates will also be posted on Twitter by following @ETSUAthletics.
Single game tickets to ETSU baseball games are $10 for seats behind home plate and $5 for seats along the baselines. Tickets can be purchased at the stadium, online at ETSUBucs.com, or by calling (423) 439-3878.
Come out to Thomas Stadium early and tailgate prior to ETSU baseball games this season. A designated tailgating area will be roped off in the parking lot where fans can enjoy a festive environment before the Bucs take the field. Click here for tailgating guidelines.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer baseball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the baseball link.
|Copyright ©2014 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|